INTRODUCTION TO AN INTERACTIVE SCENARIO
Definition & Principle
On computers running VidiReports, the video feed of the camera is analyzed in real time: VidiReports detects, tracks an classifies faces (Gender, Age, Mood, Distance to the screen, Attention…). If your license of VidiReports enables the Real Time API, all this data is accessible locally on the player. The interactive scenario is an html file, associated with other folders, that can take this data as input, and display the correct content based on the data in real time.
Organization of an interactive scenario
An interactive scenario is a decision tree saying “If the audience matches these conditions, then display that”. So, quite naturally, the way to draft an interactive scenario is to draw a decision tree. We are going to create a simple scenario, and we will do all the steps from the conception of the scenario to its publishing.
An interactive scenario is a content called on screen that can changed based on the current audience and how they engage with the screen.
A simple scenario would be changing the picture based on the gender of the audience, changing the sentence based on their age…
A complex scenario can be as complex as you want. You can see different complex scenarios we created on our website: https://quividi.com/solution-spotlight/ .
We want to do a simple scenario that has a default content, and that shows a specific image based on the audience in front of the screen.
Specifically, we want :
- a default state when no one is detected
- a kid hat if at least one kid is in front of the camera
- a man hat if there are mostly men in front of the camera
- a woman hat if there are mostly women in front of the camera.
Next step: creating the scenario in VidiStudio
Now that we know what we want to make, let’s open VidiStudio and start creating the scenario.
- If you don’t have VidiStudio yet, please download it to follow the step by step tutorial we are going to see. It is placed in your Doanloads section when your Regional Manager at Quividi asks for it. If you want it but don’t have it yet, please contact your Regional Manager, and we’ll make sure to add VidiStudio to your lsit of downloads.
- You also need to have VidiReports on the same computer (it can be a different computer, but it is a more complex case, and we are not going to cover that part here) to be able to test your scenario as you create it.