FINE-TUNE YOUR INSTALLATION ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS
Config - Masks
In the control center, you can choose to hide some pixels of the video feed.
The main reasons why you would need to do that is
- if there is a false detection that may occur often at this place of the image (if a TV is facing the camera, every person appearing on TV will be detected)
- To reduce the size of the image to analyze: when you use masks, the pixels under the masks are not analyzed so the amount of pixels to analyze at each frame is lower allowing for more FPS.
You can set up one positive mask (i.e. a mask that restricts the analysis to a specific region in the image) and up to eight negative masks (i.e. masks that block parts of the image). To draw a mask simply click and drag your mouse over the image; by default you will obtain a negative mask. After drawing the mask you can:
- move the mask: place your cursor within the mask and drag (for the positive mask, place the cursor on the edge)
- resize the mask: place the cursor on the lower-right corner of the mask and drag
- convert the mask to a positive maks: select the mask and press the ‘i‘ key; only one positive mask is available at any time
- delete the mask: select the mask and press the ‘delete‘ key